Monday, July 21, 2008

Where have I been?

Between a vacation to Colorado and some plain exhaustion and laziness on my part, it's been quite some time since I've updated the blog. While away, I listened to a voice mail from Dad. The strength and normalcy of his voice brought tears to my eyes. The familiar Daddy sound conquered the days of whispers, resembling the likeness of his pre-surgery voicemail.

Last Sunday, Dad and I went to the Orange County Fair, where his Kung Fu group performed demonstrations. He joined his friends on stage, participating in the inspiration instead of the wresteling. His instructor introduced him as a 7th degree black belt who is still recovering from significant surgery. I've never felt more proud watching someone just sit on stage.

4 comments:

Aida said...

This is wonderful news!! I am right now listening to Milan and Steve on the computer. Yes, I agree Milan's voice is strong and I am so glad he is back on the radio sounding his old self. It is amazing how connected I feel to this Godly man although I have never set eyes on him. Kelly - you sound like a wonderful daughter! Bless you all!

Aida

Ignatius said...

Thanks Kelly! This is great news.
Your Dad means a lot to me in a big way.

With your Dads insight and wisdom I have improved on being a people pleaser.

Milan is Special to all of us.
Thanks again for the update.

Anonymous said...

I so look forward to seeing Milan again in person at the Mon. Night Relationship classes. He definitely means an awful lot to those of us who have met him personally & have greatly benefited from his wisdom & knowledge, but mostly from his love & concern for all who he comes in contact with. I pray for a COMPLETE recovery. God bless. Love, RC

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kelly......What a LONG six weeks this has been....Please tell your dad that Amy is pregnant and due on February 10.....hmmmmm...maybe it will be a day early!!! So happy and relieved to know that recovery is finally moving along per schedule and there is also some degree of normalcy back in your lives...Love to all, Carolyn