Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Fresh Shave and Clean Hair

It's amazing how much clean hair and a fresh shave makes a world of difference after a week without it. I visited Dad yesterday, and then rushed off to work. (Sorry I didn't get a chance to update you). He went for a walk, ate lunch, sat up for a massage, and laughed harder than I've heard in quite some time. For the first time, I really saw a glimpse of my Daddy since his surgery last week.

After I left, they drained the fluid from his lungs. Immediately, he felt relieved and able to breath more freely. I think such quick, positive results helped his spirits too.

Also, the doctors feel it is too early to put in a pace maker. As of now, they regulate his heart beat and blood pressure with medicine. In a way, this answered my prayer. I asked God for a delay or uncertainty if Dad could pull through at some point and regulate these vitals on his own. The Lord will guide us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!!!! I'm really glad the pacemaker is on hold and that he's doing well without it!
love you all,
Lorene

Anonymous said...

Hey Boss,

You are often in my thoughts and prayers. I leave on vacation tomorrow and by the time I am back (July 6th) I'm sure you will be feeling much, much better. I'll keep checking this amazing blog for updats. Thanks for being such a great person to work for.

Lisa

Ignatius said...

Thanks for the update.
I met Milan last year and I know that he enjoys running and keeping in tip top shape.

Milan has a strong heart I am greatly encouraged by that. I will continue to keep happy prayerful thoughts about your Dad.
Kelly, thanks for keeping us all in the loop!

Anonymous said...

Praying for God Blessing for Milan. I'm praying for him and the family.

Anonymous said...

Milan - we are praying for you. We are glad for today's report. Kelly, thank you for providing such informative posts.

Milan remember - I'll be your huckleberry.
Lawrence, Krysti, Laurel, and Austin

Anonymous said...

Kelly, Kay & Milan ~
I am a friend from CHCC, and just heard about Dad. UCLA Med Center saved my life, and I am certain that they will save Dad's, too...keep on being an advocate for him, keep asking hard questions of the staff...we got you all covered in prayer..The other great gift a person can give to a patient is to be an avocate for them during this time of great need in the hospital...I believe that Milan has just begun to affect the world for Christ in a powerful way...Keep singing, laugh, hug, be patient..we got ya' covered!! Thank you for the blog, Kelly. Blessings over you all, Kris Patton