Thursday, May 8, 2008

Two Men: A poem by Kay Yerkovich

Two men; both with a reputation and talent that causes others to seek them and wait for their availability.

Two men; sometimes weary with the unending line of broken people seeking their help looking to them for healing.

Two men; both tending to exposed wounded hearts, holding for a time the destiny of another in their hands.

Two men; both diagnosing, finding the broken places that limit the full vitality of life giving support.

Two men: both observing hearts bearing marks of the curse.

One sees malformations, disease, marks of aging, hearts that struggle to sustain the rhythm of life.

The other sees hearts that hide, blame, covet and languish in unfulfilled hopes, struggling to give and receive love.

Two men:
One skilled with the delicate handing of the scalpel, cutting, repairing and stitching; his desire is to give the gift of time.

The other skilled at exposing and loosening the roots that choke and strangle life giving love; his desire is to give the gift of fulfilling connection.

Two men:
Both with a ready smile, a patient listening ear and the ability to inspire trust in their patients.

Two men:
Both willing to inflict pain because they know it is the only path to healing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful poem, paints such a great picture.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the poem and the great work you are doing to mend broken hearts. My prayers in support of Milan's surgery and the passing of his mom.
Johnny
Ft. Leavenworth, KS

Marti said...

Kay and Milan,
I'm sending you my love and praying that Milan recovers quickly and fully. You have both been an inspiration to me for over 20 years. Milan, you baptized me and helped me heal from a broken heart. Now, I'm praying for your heart to heal.
So much love,
Marti

Marti said...

Kay and Milan,
My love and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Milan, you baptized me, helped me heal my broken heart, and supported me at a difficult time in my life. I am praying for your full recovery, all the while thanking you both for your influence in my life.
Marti

Cathy Ross said...

Good morning, Milan and Kay,

This morning my family has been praying together for these two men who each offer hearts in this world so much.

The hearts of Cathy, Todd, Sarah, and Grant are with you all up there at UCLA, and we'll be praying for you throughout this momentous event and the journey afterward.

We love you,
The Ross Family

Anonymous said...

dear kay & milan,
my prayers and thoughts are with you both - as well as with the other man in your wonderful poem, kay.
with love, nancy

Anonymous said...

Hello Kay and Milan,

We met the two of you at the Marriage Retreat at Mt. Hermon last January. We dined together one evening and were on the same team "Asher" on Saturday evening in the gym. You had mentioned Milan needing prayer seeking a doctor regarding his heart problem and we have constantly been praying for him. We heard on a San Jose radio station that Milan had a surgery and is doing fine...thank God for his direction!!! Also we were wondering how things are going with your son and wife...and your friend and her situtation? We have continually been praying for them also. Please email us and let us know at: wjcapp@sbcglobal.net

Willie and Mick Capponi